Duby and Cathy

Duby and Cathy
we'd like to think we'd look like this- if we were 'white' ;) ....

Thursday, August 30, 2018

People and I

I have always had a love-and-hate relationship with people.

Not with humanity- oh, I love humanity. I love what we have achieved, what we are capable of, our vulnerability. Show me a stranger, and already my heart reaches out for them as my mind tries to unravel the idiosyncracies of this individual. I love all people, but truly only in the abstract. Or rather, I love them on the basic level of being....well,  human beings.

But knowing them is another story entirely.There are 2 types of people I have distaste for:
1. Those who have no patience for other's secret souls
2. Those who choose to act like they don't have one.

Maybe it's just some people's personalities I don't like. And don't get me wrong- I have no prolem with differences. I get that what make me tick, may not work for you. It's the people who don't accept these differences that erk me.




No comments:

Post a Comment